DEDUCTIBLE REDUCTION AGREEMENT
Your Lease Agreement with the Company provides that you must pay a minimum of a $1,000 deductible per occurrence for repairs of damages to the Car whether the damages are your fault or not.
The Company now offers you an option to reduce the Deductible from $1,000 to only $99.00 per occurrence for a weekly payment of $25.00. If your $25.00 Deductible Reduction payments are made every week in a timely manner, your responsibility to pay for damage repairs at the Repair Shop shall be reduced from $1,000 per any occurrence to only $99.00.
You must sign up with a valid debit card or credit card which will automatically be charged $25 every week in advance. If you fail to make the Deductible Reduction payment (if your credit or debit card declines), your Deductible for any damage incurred from the time the Deductible Reduction payment was due, shall go back to $1,000 per occurrence.
Your car must be inspected by Buggy for damages before you are able to sign up for the Deductible Reduction, including if you previously had the Deductible Reduction and it lapsed due to lack of timely payment.
Please be aware that if you return the vehicle a second time with damages that have occurred on the vehicle while on the Deductible Reduction plan, the Deductible will increase from $99 to $500 per occurrence.
This reduction only applies to damage done to the car for which you are ONLY responsible to pay the Deductible and not more. You will however be responsible for ALL damages if:
a. Damage or loss results from the Driver’s:
1. Intentional, willful, wanton, or reckless conduct;
2. Operation of the Car under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
3. Towing or pushing anything with the Car; or,
4. Operation of the Car other than as authorized under sections 6.12, 6.13, 6.14 and 6.16 of the Buggy Lease Agreement;
b. Damage or loss occurs while the Car is
1. Used in connection with conduct that could be properly charged as a felony;
2. Involved in a speed test or contest or in driver training activity;
c. The Driver has
1. Provided false or fraudulent information to the Company; or
2. failed to comply with the Lease requirements for reporting the damage or loss.
All other conditions of the Lease Term regarding damages to the Car, insurance requirement and all other matters shall remain unchanged and in full force and effect.